The shooting death of a Milwaukee Police officer on Wednesday morning is the third death of an officer on duty in the city since June of 2018.
In that month, Officer Charles Irvine was killed in a rollover crash.
– Milwaukee Police officer dead after shooting, suspect in custody
– Milwaukee Police hold procession for fallen officer
– Third Milwaukee Police officer to die in line of duty in eight months
– Milwaukee-area police, sheriff offices sharing condolences after death of Milwaukee Police officer
– How police handle loss of fellow officers in line of duty
– Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett: Police ‘lost a brother who gave up his life for this community’
– Photo gallery: A fallen hero remembered
The officer shot and killed Wednesday was also serving a warrant.
Before those three deaths, no Milwaukee Police officer had died in the line of duty since 1996.