Photo gallery: A fallen hero remembered
Update: 3:08 p.m.
It traveled for 45 minutes across Milwaukee, and thousands came for a silent salute.
Milwaukee Police and other law enforcement members took their afternoon Wednesday to join in a long procession with the body of a fallen Milwaukee Police officer. He was shot and killed on the South Side.
Update: 2:22 p.m.
Watch the procession below, courtesy TODAY’S TMJ4. Click here for traffic conditions, as freeways, streets and freeway ramps will be closed.
– Milwaukee Police officer dead after shooting, suspect in custody
– Milwaukee Police hold procession for fallen officer
– Third Milwaukee Police officer to die in line of duty in eight months
– Milwaukee-area police, sheriff offices sharing condolences after death of Milwaukee Police officer
– How police handle loss of fellow officers in line of duty
– Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett: Police ‘lost a brother who gave up his life for this community’
– Photo gallery: A fallen hero remembered
Milwaukee Police have announced the route they will take for a procession with the body of a fallen officer who was shot and killed Wednesday.
Police say they will hold that procession in mid-afternoon, which will lead to a large number of street and freeway ramp closures.
— UWM Police (@uwmpolice) February 6, 2019
The route is listed below, followed by I-94 eastbound and heading to downtown to North 9th Street, where the Medical Examiner’s office is located.
Timeline for media staging: 1:30p news conference. Approximately 2:15 departure from the hospital to the ME’s office downtown. Route out of the hospital will be west on Doyne, north on 92nd, west on Watertown Plank and onto 41/45 south.
— Milwaukee Police (@MilwaukeePolice) February 6, 2019