WEST ALLIS, Wis. — For the second time in four days, crews from the City of West Allis are working on a water main break — this time, on the 7500-block of W Beloit Rd. City officials anticipate the closure will be cleared up by 6:00 p.m. CST on Monday night.
The alert, issued by the City of West Allis at 9:30 a.m., confirms that water was turned off around that same time as they began repairs. Only nine properties were required to be notified, though others in the area may be impacted.
As a result of the work they’ll be completing on Monday, traffic on the westbound lanes of W Beloit Rd is being diverted elsewhere. If you plan to travel through the area on Monday, you’re encouraged to find an alternate route.
This is the second water main break in the City of West Allis since Friday morning when a break on S 99th St between W Becher Pl and W Lincoln Ave forced water service to be shut down in the area.
This is a breaking news story. An update or follow-up story might be issued if further details are revealed.
TOP HEADLINES FROM 620 WTMJ NEWS TEAM:
- Wisconsin Republicans propose 14-week abortion ban
- Wisconsin high school athletes showcase skills at Dallas Cowboys’ stadium
- Milwaukee police officer charged with child abuse, facing 12 years in prison
- U.S. Labor Secretary visits Wauwatosa to discuss EV charger development grant
- Former HS Coach: Jordan Love is a ‘genuine person’ who happens to be a ‘really good football player’