MILWAUKEE — The Brewers’ magic number continues to tick down, as the Brew Crew looks to clinch the NL Central Division in the coming days.
“The magic number is a cool thing, but I don’t pay close attention to it,” Arnold told WTMJ’s Wisconsin’s Morning News. “As long as we do our jobs, we’ll be alright.”
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Brewers organization, Arnold admitted. If the Crew clinch the NL Central Division, the team will host a three-game series at American Family Field.
“Our crowd makes an enormous difference,” he said. “Just being at home with our crowd would be a huge advantage.”
Eventually, Milwaukee’s ballclub will celebrate another post-season appearance, but the team has larger goals, according to Arnold.
“Just getting into the post-season isn’t what we’re trying to do here,” he explained. “Our goal is to win a World Series.”
Will he wear goggles during the anticipated celebration(s)? Probably not.
“I like the sting (of the Champagne),” Arnold laughed.
BREW CREW COVERAGE FROM WTMJ — HOME OF THE MILWAUKEE BREWERS:
- EXTRA POINTS: Time to recognize the leadership in Milwaukee
- Brewers manager calls latest AmFam Field funding plan a ‘step in the right direction’
- BREWERS EXTRA INNINGS: Milwaukee’s offense works “On the Double” to defeat Cardinals
- Brewers’ Schlesinger breaks down AmFam Funding proposals, future possibilities & playoffs
- “It’s cheaper to keep them:” WI Republicans unveil $700M deal to keep the Brewers in Milwaukee through 2050