DETROIT – Every Thursday morning, Wis. Morning News celebrates an “Everyday Hero:” an average John or Jane Doe that had no idea when they woke up one morning they’d be saving a life!
Today, we head to Detroit, where David Gallagher, 66, collapsed while participating in a 5K Run/Walk. Fellow runner, Katelyn Lloyd, immediately went to his aid, according to WXYZ-TV.
Gallagher would be taken to the hospital where he underwent open heart surgery. He is alive and well!
TOP STORIES FROM THE WTMJ NEWSROOM:
- Milwaukee Cermak location closed after nearly two dozen health code violations
- Arrowhead Union High School responds to racist social media post
- Packers to begin search for next CEO to replace Mark Murphy
- Milwaukee Common Council recommends EMS policy changes, delays contract extensions for private ambulance companies
- Trump is not immune from prosecution in his 2020 election interference case, US appeals court says