COTTAGE GROVE, WI – A police chase that started in Monona, Wisconsin ended with three vehicle occupants dead Monday night in the Village of Cottage Grove.
Police say a suspicious vehicle led authorities on the chase around 9:00pm Monday, during which WISC-TV in Madison reports a Dane County deputy deployed a tire deflation device. The vehicle then crashed, killing the three occupants of the car on scene.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice says the officers involved in the chase are on administrative leave pending an investigation.
TOP STORIES FROM THE WTMJ NEWSROOM:
- Fond du Lac County crash kills 19-year-old and seriously injures 4 others
- “There won’t be a problem” Big Bend Village Board President on police officers’ resignations
- Warm December puts a damper on ice fishing competition
- Man in chicken suit helps bring chickens back to Shorewood
- GOP lawmakers ask Wisconsin Supreme Court to reconsider redistricting ruling, schedule for new maps