Milwaukee Brewers fans who don’t mind the cold can get in line for the first single game ticket sales of the 2020 season, and WTMJ and ESPN Milwaukee will be there.
The Brewers will be unveiling single-game tickets for sale at 9 a.m. Saturday, February 15. Fans can buy them in person or by phone or on the team’s web site. The team says Opening Day tickets are of a limited supply.
The Brewers are also inviting fans who don’t mind overnight February cold to start pitching tents at noon Friday, February 14. The team will have a 3 p.m. tailgate party with live music, team alumni, mascots and both Greg Matzek hosting Wisconsin’s Afternoon News on WTMJ and Homer & Gabe live on 94.5 ESPN FM and Wisconsin On Demand.
Fans can win prizes at various contests. Free brats, beer and soda will be served Friday, while Grebe’s donuts will be given to fans Saturday morning. WTMJ’s street team will also be on site from 7-9 a.m. with special prizes and games.
The team reminds fans they will not be allowed to stay overnight if temperatures drop below 10 degrees, with these requirements for tent setups:
- No hand-made or hand-built shelters
- No shelters made of cardboard or wood
- The Brewers must pre-approve shelters with a footprint greater than 100 square feet
- No gas generators or attempts to use Miller Park power sources
- Only state-approved gas/propane heating/grilling units with fuel-valve turn-offs and self-contained charcoal/wood units are permitted so long as they are more than 25 feet away from any structure or other shelter