Hometown: Oak Creek, Wis.
When did he join WTMJ: February 2017
Five Fun Facts About Steve Scaffidi:
- Steve was born in England, but is a U.S. Citizen.
- He was a marathon runner in his 40s, but would rather drive the 26.2 miles now.
- Steve has traveled to 49 of the 50 states. Hawaii is the lone holdout, and he encourages invitations.
- His view of politics is that it’s now a game played by people who were never really good at sports.
- Steve is an unapologetic fan of actress Heather Graham, who was born in Milwaukee. He hopes to have her on the show someday.
It’s hard to find someone as well-versed in the political realm as Steve Scaffidi, who hosts WTMJ N.O.W. on weekdays from 9 a.m. to Noon CST.
Steve worked his way up the ranks of local government in his hometown of Oak Creek, Wisconsin, holding the titles of 3rd District Alderman and Common Council President before eventually becoming Mayor of Oak Creek from 2012 to 2017. He helped rally his community in the wake of the tragic Sikh Temple mass shooting in 2012, representing Oak Creek and more broadly, Wisconsin on an international scale by bringing awareness to the tragedy that struck his community.
His background in communications began long before this pivotal moment. He spent 17 years working for The Nielsen Company and is the owner of a Milwaukee-based point-of-contact marketing firm called Marketpoint Media.
Steve joined the WTMJ team in 2017, blending his wide range of skills to provide thoughtful commentary and analysis while appealing to a wide range of people across the political spectrum. On WTMJ N.O.W., he focused on news, opinions and why it matters to Wisconsin communities while still having some fun with pop culture and current events. Above all else, divergent opinions are welcome on his show — a refreshing distinction in Milwaukee radio.
He is also the host of two other podcasts: Decision Wisconsin, WTMJ’s flagship political podcast feed, and Scaffidiology, a home for him to explore the topics that are worth diving into but don’t necessarily align with the primary mission of WTMJ N.O.W.
Steve is a proud Packers season ticket holder who makes the case that being a season ticket holder and a shareowner gives him extra credibility on Packers takes.