She grew up a basketball junkie, playing wherever she could find a court in her hometown in southwestern Ohio.
Now, Megan Duffy is not only making a basketball dream come true as a first-year head coach of the Marquette University women’s hopps team, but the 2020 Big East Women’s Basketball Coach of the Year is competing in this weekend’s Big East Tournament in Chicago, with an NCAA Tournament appearance certainly coming this season.
She joined me for a one-hour edition of WTMJ Conversations, and we dived into much more than just her 2019-20 Marquette women’s squad.
– How she grew a love of the game
– Her journey from a star at Notre Dame and in numerous professional leagues to her pathway into coaching
– Her deep understanding of how developing a culture that cares for the whole person can build success
– Her take on the need for more women leaders in sports
– Her feelings on the culture that has led to first-year success
– Everything from her favorite places to grab a meal in Milwaukee to her love of golf, to the advice she would have given her younger self.
Listen above in your podcast player.