Break the champagne bottle on the stern of the ship, because Jaytalking is setting sail on its first voyage.
Welcome to Jaytalking! I'm Jay Sorgi, and this weekly podcast will dive into four sports passions of mine:
– The sports business world
– The growing world of spectator sports travel – giving you tips on following the Packers, Brewers, Bucks, Badgers, Marquette and more
– Sports history – call it #ThrowbackThursday
– Olympic sports – the athletes from Wisconsin and beyond, and what the Games mean to a city, both positive and challenging.
This week's episodes (yes, episodes!):
– The economic impact of a deep Bucks playoff run with Claire Koenig of Visit Milwaukee, and with Emily Lauer of Destination Cleveland, who saw the impact of four Cleveland Cavaliers runs to the NBA Finals
– Rose Gray of Fox World Travel, giving you tips on the spectator sports travel industry and what to think about in going to bucket-list events or follow your favorite teams.
– Doug Russell on #ThrowbackThursday: The best Bucks jersey ever made
– Delafield's own U.S. Olympic and World Championship-winning women's hockey goalie, Alex Rigsby, on their world title win last weekend, her deep Wisconsin roots and the state of women's hockey in North America.
– A viewpoint on the Bucks' destination for Games 3-4, Detroit – why people don't want to go there, and how it relates to Milwaukee itself & the walls we can break down here. Let's use sports to do it.