When you think of 2020, what’s the first thing that comes to mind?
Maybe working from home? Holidays on Zoom? Binging Netflix?
Andy Larsen, VP/Director of Public Relations at Boelter + Lincoln, has compiled a list of the 2020 technology winners and losers.
- Video conferencing in general (Zoom and others)
- E-commerce (Amazon and others)
- Streaming services (Roku, Netflix and others)
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing Apps (including those dev’p by Apple and Google)
- Quibi (short video subscription service)
- Microsoft Mixer gaming platform; Microsoft Surface Duo “foldable” phone
- Facebook Portal home Internet of Things (IoT) platform. (“smart home” product)
- Facebook (despite anti-trust, Parler/MeWe, Portal failure it still grew revenues)
- Twitter (same)
- Tik-Tok (Trump tries to force sale of Chinese company; longterm US status currently TBD)
Larsen was a guest on Wisconsin’s Morning News. Listen to the full interview in the player above.