One thing Wisconsin really delivers on is after-hours entertainment. With breweries, Broadway shows, and just about everything in between, Wisconsin’s nightlife offers a reason to bundle up and hit the town.
The Central Wisconsin Craft Collective allows visitors to tour and taste their way through the Stevens Point area. This self-guided tour showcases some of the area’s best craft beer, wine, and spirits.
- Start your trip in Stevens Point with a tour of the historic Point Brewery, a local staple since 1857. For $5, their daily tour includes a tasting of their delicious beer, ciders and sodas.
- Visit Central Waters Brewery in Amherst to learn about their sustainable brewing practices while sipping some great beer in their Taproom.
- Head to Plover to check out the expansive Taproom at O’so Brewing Company before sipping a custom cocktail at Great Northern Distilling.
- Stop in Rosholt for a visit to McZ’s Brew Pub and, in the warmer months, Kozy Yak Brewery and Winery.
- For special Craft Collective deals on accommodations in the area, visit StevensPointArea.com.
For many, dinner and a show are the epitome of nightlife, especially this time of year when temperatures drop at night. Combine the two and take in a Dinner Theater – perfect for cold weather nightlife:
- Memories Ballroom, located in Port Washington, dates back to the 1930’s Big Band era as a world-class dance hall. Today, you’ll be just as entertained through their incredible dinner theater entertainment, audience-interactive murder mysteries and their famous “Chicken Comedy” nights featuring nationally-renown stand-up comedians.
- The casual elegance of the Rosewood, located in Delavan, can’t be emphasized enough. A signature amenity is their farm-to-table lunch, brunch or dinner paired with high-energy Cabaret performances. In addition to dinner theater, Rosewood is a great place to enjoy live music, showcasing musicians throughout the Midwest.
- The Palace Theater in the Wisconsin Dells is a fun destination to enjoy not only dinner and a show, but also late-night tribute bands covering acts such as Chicago, ACDC, Tom Petty, and The Eagles.
Whether you’re into dance clubs, DJ’s or live bands – there’s a place for everyone to “cut the rug” in Wisconsin. Here are just a few:
- In the mood for the Beer Barrel Polka? Head to the Essen Haus in Madison, WI or the Dorf Haus Supper Club in Roxbury. Pair the tradition of German dance with a home cooked German meal or giant pretzel and German beer.
- Smaller venues turned nightclub on weekends can lead to some of the most fun dancing venues around. In Hurley, Iron Horse Saloon and the Beer Barrel both feature live music and dancing on the weekends.
- Wisconsin is also home to larger dance clubs, such as The Reef in Lake Delton, ReMixx in Appleton and Coconut Joe’s in La Crosse.
- For those interested in more traditional dancing, the Crystal Ballroom in Hilbert, WI, offers Waltz, Foxtrot, Swing, Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba, Tango, Hustle, and of course, classic ballroom dancing weekly.