Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and if you haven’t planned that perfect getaway yet, don’t fret. Here are some romantic getaway ideas around Wisconsin to escape to this winter.
West Bend (Washington County)
- For lodging, check out the Hidden Serenity Bed & Breakfast. It’s just on the edge of the Northern Kettle Moraine State Forest and offers a peaceful place to relax and reconnect.
- During your visit, make sure to plan a stop at the Museum of Wisconsin Art in West Bend. The exhibits only feature the artistic and cultural work of Wisconsin artists.
- For dinner, head to Krimmer’s Restaurant, a fine dining steakhouse with a great wine list.
- Round out your romantic getaway with some outdoor fun at Northern Kettle Moraine State Forest. Or head into town to search for one of the over 1,600 geocaches in West Bend, which is known as the “Geocaching Capitol of the Midwest”.
Chetek (Rusk County)
- Stay at Canoe Bay, a romantic refuge with stunning rooms and cottages all designed for just two adults. This cozy, chic resort is harbored by three pristine lakes and offers amenities like in-room massages, whirlpools, a wine cellar, and library.
- Their Lakeside Dining Room serves an amazing three-course meal and features food grown in their own garden.
- Canoe Bay has free snowshoes to explore the 300-acre property. For more winter fun, nearby Blue Hills Trails has over 20 miles of cross-country skiing trails. Up for something a little more adventurous? Try downhill skiing at nearby Christie Mountain.
- Before leaving town, enjoy a delicious breakfast at the Hope & Anchor Coffeehouse. Stop by the Chetek Bakery or Chetek Chocolates for a treat for the trip home!
La Crosse (La Crosse County)
- Castle La Crosse is a beautiful bed and breakfast located in the historic Holway Mansion, a grant 19th century home. Each of the guest suites have luxurious amenities and the breakfasts are made in-house by their Certified Pastry Chef.
- Enjoy dinner at Lovechild Restaurant for uncomplicated food packed with creative ingredients and big flavors. Their menu is locally sourced and seasonally driven.
- Sip your way through the Coulee Region Craft Beverage Trail for delicious stops at 13 of the area’s finest breweries, wineries, and distillery. Visit all 13 stops by March 1st and you could be entered to win a Beer, Wine, and Cheese Vacation. More information is available at explorelacrosse.com.