Make your girlfriend getaway extra special by staying at one of Wisconsin’s unique bed and breakfasts. From relaxing spa days to adventurous outdoor sports, there are plenty of ways to make memories with your friends this winter. We’ve put together some travel ideas to get your trip started:
- The Hamilton House B&B is a Victorian bed and breakfast with modern amenities in Downtown Whitewater.
- For some outdoor fun, head to the nearby Kettle Moraine State Forest for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing on their groomed trails. The City of Whitewater offers an outdoor ice-skating rink. For downhill skiing and snowboarding, Alpine Valley is just a short drive away.
- For dinner, check out The Black Sheep for a delicious and locally sourced meal.
- Enjoy a wine tasting at the Staller Estate Winery in Delavan and take a tour of their vineyards.
- The Ringling House B&B is a unique, colonial home on the national historical register. It was built in 1901 by Charles Ringling, one of the founders of the Ringling Brothers Circus.
- Arrange your own local tasting tour by visiting the brewery, wineries, and distillery that call Baraboo home:
- For your outdoor fun, there are three ski hills within a 30-minute drive: Christmas Mountain, Devils Head Resort and Cascade Mountain.
- Round out your getaway with shopping in the historical Downtown Baraboo square or with a trip to Spa Serenity.
- For your stay, Phipps
Inn Bed and Breakfast is listed in
the National Register of Historical Places and offers an elegant yet
comfortable option. All rooms have fireplaces and whirlpools.
- Check out their special ‘Book a Stay and See a Play’ package for discounts on tickets at the Phipps Center for the Arts.
- Experience the tastes and charm of the area on a Hudson Food Walk. This three-hour tour features six popular destinations and is perfect for a fun-filled afternoon with your girlfriends!
- Plan your visit during Hudson’s Hot Air Affair from February 7-9 this year to experience the awe of over 30 hot air balloons taking over the sky.