- The TravelWisconsin.com Snow Conditions Report provides the latest conditions at ski areas and snowmobile and cross-country ski trails across the state.
- Over 100 reporters in all 72 counties are working with ski areas, state parks, trail groomers and snowmobile clubs to update the report as conditions change.
- The report includes current temperatures, a three-day weather forecast and directories with nearby events, activities, accommodations and dining options. Travelers can even upload their own winter photos directly to the report.
- The report is available at TravelWisconsin.com, or you can sign up for weekly updates that come right to your email.
Once you check out the latest snow conditions, enjoy that wonderful Wisconsin weather with one of our exciting winter activities.
With over 30 downhill ski and snowboard areas, Wisconsin is home to the third most ski resorts in the country!
- These ski areas provide a range of courses for all skill levels and many of them make their own snow.
- Wisconsin’s largest ski resort, Granite Peak, is at Rib Mountain State Park in Wausau and has 74 runs and four terrain parks.
- Whitecap Mountain Resort in Upson is spread over a vast 400 acres in the Penokee mountains and is home to five double black diamond runs.
Try Winter Fat Tire Biking in all corners of Wisconsin.
- These bikes have extra-wide rims and low-pressure tires allowing them to cruise on soft terrain like snow.
- The Levis-Trow Mounds Recreational Area in Neilsville offers 15 miles of trails specifically groomed and maintained for winter fat tire biking.
- At Newport State Park in Door County, bikers can pedal along 11 miles of Lake Michigan Shoreline on their fat tire bike.