Did you know that Irish roots run deep in the Badger State? Wisconsin has a number of pubs, inns and restaurants to choose from this St. Patrick’s Day.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the County Clare Irish Inn & Pub, Milwaukee's premiere hotspot for Irish hospitality.
- The highly acclaimed County Clare Pub & Restaurant celebrates the music, food, and drink of Ireland. Great Irish stew, but also a solid vegetarian menu.
- Join in on the festivities on St. Patrick’s Day with a full Irish Breakfast; the Blessing of the Shamrock (1 p.m.) and 12 hours of Celtic music and traditional Irish Dancers.
- The accommodations have been written up in The New York Times. Of the 29 rooms, there are four exclusive suites with a couch sitting area, king size beds, and a larger bathroom. Guestrooms feature an open floor plan with interior design influenced by a traditional Irish Inn and Pub style.
Visit St. Brendan's Irish Inn, located on the eastern shore of the Fox River in downtown Green Bay, to experience Irish drink, food, dancing and a lovely place to stay for the night.
- Sip on one of St. Brendan’s 15 imported beers on tap while relaxing in their lounge with intimate seating and a wood fireplace.
- Sample traditional, Irish dishes that are tasty to the tongue, but also filling and wholesome for the body and spirit. Specialties include: Grilled Salmon, Sautéed Mussels, Shepherd’s Pie, and their famous Guinness Pot Roast.
- Retire to one of 28 quiet, spacious rooms, complete with whirlpool bath and cozy bed. A full breakfast served in the restaurant is included with your stay.
Nestled in the bluffs along the Mississippi River, in Fountain City, the Monarch Public House has been a destination for travelers since 1894, making it the oldest place to go for St. Paddy’s in the state.
- The Monarch’s elegant Old World look includes 15 foot, pressed tin ceilings, original furniture, an oak back bar and a beer garden.
- Their diverse family recipe menu makes it an easy choice for adults and children alike whether you’re looking for bangers and mash or a handmade pizza. Enjoy a quiet dinner in the private lofts, plan a gathering with friends in the main hall, or bask in the view from their elevated decks overlooking the river.
The Monarch Public House is home to The Fountain City Brewing Company, Inc., tapping five original recipes every day. Stop down to Schmittys’ Draught.