Sand Valley Golf Resort in Nekoosa is Wisconsin’s newest golf resort, but the resort offers much more than just golf – it’s a stop-you-in-your-tracks stunner.
- Sand Valley is located on over 1,700 acres of sand dunes in Central Wisconsin. They have three grass tennis courts (six more will open in the spring), two hiking trails with views of the dunes, farm-to-table dining that includes food from their own gardens, plus fishing on Lake Leopold.
- The resort has multiple lodging options, from lodge rooms and suites with golf course views to cottages that fit up to eight people. All lodging options provide spectacular views of the golf courses and natural landscape on the resort.
- Each cottage is located on a secluded part of the property. Amenities can include a full kitchen, living room or common area for you and your guests, spacious outdoor decks and fire-pits.
- For dining, try one of the on-site restaurants. Mammoth Bar & Lounge is the main gathering area at Sand Valley, featuring Wisconsin craft beers and specialty cocktails. At Aldo’s Farm & Table you’ll find farm-to-table options made with food grown on Wisconsin farms.
If you’re looking for top-of-the-line luxury, look no further than The American Club Resort in Kohler. The American Club is a AAA Five-Diamond hotel and the first resort in Wisconsin to be named a Forbes Five-Star destination.
- This year, Kohler is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the American Club. It was originally built in 1918 as a dormitory for immigrant factory workers of the company. To honor the milestone, visitors can enjoy:
- A new exhibit in The American Club Library with never-before-seen pieces from the company’s archives that highlight the history of the building.
- The Immigrant Restaurant’s 100th Anniversary seven-course tasting menu, which pays homage to early Wisconsin settlers: French, Dutch, German, Normandy, Danish and English.
- Historic Hotel Tours are available daily and led by knowledgeable historians and concierge members.
- Just last year, Destination Kohler was recognized by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the Top 15 Wellness retreats in the world.
- Many of the treatments at Kohler Waters Spa center around water and their bathing services feature state-of-the-art Kohler products.
- The spa was recently expanded to include five new treatment rooms, plus new amenities like the Spa Café with healthy cuisine, a new Bridal Suite, and expanded seating at the lower level relaxation pool.
The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee is also celebrating an anniversary – this year they turn 125 years old.
- It’s a AAA Four-Diamond hotel located near Milwaukee’s historic Third Ward.
- The hotel feels like a palace when you walk inside, from the gorgeous mural ceiling in the lobby to the grand staircase and the two Bronze Lions, named Dick and Harry, who greet guests.
- Visitors can even enjoy afternoon tea on the 23rd floor of the hotel. Tableside tea blending is presented by a Pfister Tea Butler an served on all-silver tea settings. The afternoon tea menu includes fresh scones, sandwiches and pastries.
- The Pfister has become known for its Artist-in-Residence program that brings local, regional and national artists into the hotel to help promote the Pfister’s art collections.
- The one-year residency is an opportunity for an artist to engage with Milwaukee visitors and residents in a studio and gallery on the hotel’s first floor.
- The WELL Spa and Salon was home to the Pfister’s Turkish Baths more than a century ago. Today, the spa offers customized massages and body treatments, including hydrotherapy baths, mud applications and detoxifying body wraps.