The festival brings in more than 2,300 pounds of cheese curds and 30 craft beers. There will also be more than 20 different kinds of cheese curd dishes, including cinnamon sugar dessert curds.
– The festival features special family-friendly events, like a milk & cookies pairing and an ice cream tasting event.
– This year’s festival will focus on experiences beyond food. Building off Wisconsin’s agricultural history, visitors will have the opportunity to attend an antique tractor show and explore the hay bale playland and corn dig.
– There will also be live music performances, a 5k & 10k run and a classic car cruise in and show.
It’s not summer without a trip to the State Fair, the state’s largest agricultural showcase. More than one million visitors make the trip every year.
– Head to the Ag Village to and walk the animal barns to see hundreds of animals and educational exhibits about our state’s agriculture.
– Eat your way through the Fair at more than 200 concession stands offering favorites, like corn-on-the-cob, steaming hot deep-fried cheese curds and, of course, the classic cream puff.
– Don’t forget to check out the Sporkies, the annual state fair food competition. Eight finalists are picked from the dozens food vendor entries. This year, Green Bay Packers legend LeRoy Butler will be one of the celebrity judges!
– The State Fair features the SpinCity Amusement Ride and Game Area and 30 free stages with live entertainment.
– Be sure to catch performances by Alice Cooper, TLC and Reba McEntire on the main stage.
The theme of Travel Wisconsin’s ad campaign is Gemuetlichkeit, a German word that means friendship, warmth and good cheer. There’s even an event call Gemuetlichkeit Days. For 48 years, Gemuetlichkeit Days has celebrated the community’s German heritage.
– It’s truly a family-friendly event, with events like the “best beard” contest, sauerkraut eating content and a Euchre tournament.
– Everyone is encouraged to come dressed in their German attire for the ethnic costume contest. There will be prizes for the best homemade and authentic German costumes.
– Everything from the live music to the food will be German-themed. You can even take polka dance lessons from the Wisconsin Polka Booster Club.
For more, check out travelwisconsin.com.