MILWAUKEE — On the precipice of the 2023 MLB Trade Deadline, the Milwaukee Brewers bolstered their bullpen by trading for Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Andrew Chafin — a left-handed veteran on an expiring deal.
The trade was first reported by MLB Insider Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic via Twitter. In the time since, longtime Arizona sports insider John Gambadoro took to Twitter, reporting that Peter Strezlecki will be sent back to the Diamondbacks.
RELATED: Brewers trade for Mark Canha
Chafin has a club option worth $7.25 million for the 2024 MLB season. That option includes a buyout worth $750,000. He has appeared in just five games for the Diamondbacks this season.
OP HEADLINES FROM THE WTMJ NEWS TEAM:
- Milwaukee man killed in drive-by shooting while mowing his lawn
- Neo-Nazi protest at Watertown drag show draws pushback from WI leaders
- Good Karma Brands’ Craig Karmazin discusses deal to lead ESPN Radio & Podcast sales
- Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley Help Welcome “Rock & Brews” To Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
- Milwaukee motorcycle officer, bus driver & passenger hurt in 4-vehicle crash when suspect ran red light