Former Vice President Joe Biden has an eight percent lead on President Donald Trump in Wisconsin, according to the latest Marquette University Law School Poll.
Biden leads the President, 49 percent to 41 percent, in the poll released Wednesday.
The President’s job approval dipped, with 51 percent saying they disapprove of his job performance.
The majority of poll respondents also disapproved of his handling of issues including:
– Nationwide protests after the death of George Floyd: 58% disapprove, 30% approve
– Coronavirus issues: 52% disapprove, 44% approve
The poll said that 38 percent of independents support Biden, while the President had 30 percent approval.
Support by region in Wisconsin:
– City of Milwaukee: Biden 76%, Pres. Trump 19%
– Rest of Milwaukee area: Pres. Trump 47%, Biden 40%
– Madison area: Biden 60%, Pres. Trump 34%
– Green Bay/Appleton area: Biden 45%, Pres. Trump 44%
– Rest of Wisconsin: Biden 46%, Pres. Trump 44%
805 registered voters took part in the poll from June 14-18. The poll says the margin of error is plus-minus 4.3 percentage points.