This easy to make no-bake dessert comes from my mom’s recipe vault.
Several years back I asked her to send me this specific recipe because I remember the bars tasting so good when I was a teenager. But you know how your mind works and how your tastes change as you age.
Well, I have good news to report… decades later, this recipe did not disappoint.
-1 cup of crushed graham crackers (6 sheets)
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup milk
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or smooth)
-1 cup chocolate chips
- Grease 9×13 pan.
- Line pan with a layer of Club crackers
- In a sauce pan, mix together crushed graham crackers, butter, milk, brown sugar and white sugar.
- While constantly stirring, bring mixture to a boil for several minutes until it thickens and smells caramelly.
- Pour mixture over crackers.
- Add another layer of Club crackers over the caramel mixture.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave.
- Mix that together well and pour the melted PB and chocolate over the crackers.
NOTE: Take the dessert out of the fridge for 5 minutes for easier cutting.