Governor Tony Evers has set up a program for Wisconsin-based medical providers who have had major financial hardships.
The $100 million from the federal CARES Act will be set up to give financial assistance for:
– Emergency medical services
– Home and community-based services
– Long-term care providers such as skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities.
The plan involves a two part effort:
– A first wave of funding for “immediate needs”
– A second wave “additional needs of individual providers
The grants will help companies in ways directly connected to COVID-19 expenses.
“We recognize the significant burden the COVID-19 response has placed on these providers,” said Gov. Evers said in a statement.
“We also recognize the integral role they play in ensuring the health and safety of some of our most vulnerable Wisconsinites and we want to support their efforts during this pandemic.”