MILWAUKEE — According to a UW-Milwaukee (UWM) emergency alert, the Milwaukee Police Department is investigating a series of seven armed robberies on the city’s east side. Three of which were near UWM’s campus.
The robberies happened during the span of January 19-21. No one was injured in any of these incidents.
The suspects are believed to be using a stolen white 2020 KIA Sportage with Minnesota plates. However, the suspects have also previously used both a white and silver sedan.
The four suspects are described as follows:
Suspect #1: Black Male in his 20’s., 5’6″, 130-150 lbs. He was seen wearing a surgical mask, dark winter clothing and armed with a black handgun.
Suspect #2: Black Male in his 20’s, 5’6″, 130 lbs. He was seen wearing a dark mask and dark winter clothing.
Suspect #3: Black Male aged 16-20.
Suspect #4: Black Male aged 16-20.
In response to the robberies, UWM Police are adjusting patrols around campus and in the surrounding neighborhoods. Police also urge anyone who sees a suspect, suspects or the suspected vehicle to call 911 or the UWM Emergency number at 414-229-9911.
TOP HEADLINES FROM THE WTMJ NEWS STAFF:
- Brand-new Marquette Business School building opens to students
- FBI offering reward for information on Wisconsin Family Action arson
- REPORT: Milwaukee Bucks, Serge Ibaka agree to find trade for NBA veteran
- WTMJ, Milwaukee Brewers celebrate incoming season with Hot Stove & Cold Brews event
- Packers star Aaron Rodgers says he won’t be part of a rebuild, needs time to assess future