UPDATE at 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 8: The senior citizen who went missing on December 5 in the Roosevelt Grove neighborhood of Milwaukee has been found safely, according to investigators with the Milwaukee Police Department. No further details regarding his disappearance have been made public.
The following breaking news story has been left unaltered from its original publishing.
MILWAUKEE — Community members, loved ones and police are searching for 78-year-old William G. Rogers, who is on his third day of being missing out of the Roosevelt Grove area.
According to a public notice issued by the Milwaukee Police Department, Rogers was last seen near N 42nd St and W Nash St in Roosevelt Grove on Monday, December 5, 2022.
He is listed as standing at 5-foot-5 with a noticeable hunch due to his age. Rogers weighs roughly 200 lbs and was described by Milwaukee Police as having a heavy build.
Authorities aren’t sure what he was wearing at the time when he disappeared. They haven’t specified whether they have any firm leads at this point in their investigation.
Have you seen Mr. Rogers? You’re urged to contact the Milwaukee Police Department’s Sensitive Crimes Division by calling 414-935-7405 immediately.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued if further details are uncovered.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE WTMJ NEWS STAFF:
- 7-year-old boy injured in shooting on Milwaukee’s northwest side
- Wisconsin Athletic Director Chris McIntosh joins Wisconsin’s Afternoon News
- 19-year-old killed by gunfire near Walker Square, launching homicide investigation
- Illinois teenager ran red light & died from injuries in severe crash, per Milwaukee PD
- Rebuild, re-imagine, or demolish? Milwaukee County considers next steps for the iconic Mitchell Park Domes