MILWAUKEE — It’s a sure sign warmer weather is near.
Estabrook Beer Garden officially opened Monday afternoon after a pre-season test over Easter weekend.
“I think it’s one of the true telltale signs of spring when the beer garden springs to life,” said Estabrook Beer Garden operator Hans Weissgerber III. “People come together as a community and share some good times.”
It’s an early start for the beer garden after opening in late June in 2020.
“We’re about three weeks ahead of schedule, as for our usual opening,” said Weissgerber. “With the pandemic going on, it’s been a long winter and people want to get outside.”
Estabrook Beer Garden will follow guidelines that were put in place at the end of the 2020 season.
- No carry-in alcohol permitted in county parks
- Maintain social distancing
- No more than 6 people per table
- No mingling between tables
- No personal tables or chairs in the beer garden, but are permitted in the grass with physical distancing maintained
- Masks are encouraged when a person is not drinking or eating
- People are encouraged to wash hands and use sanitizer frequently
- If a person has had symptoms in the past two weeks, they should stay home.
The beer garden will serve only beer, wine and soda on Monday.
Food will be offered beginning Tuesday, April 6.