The City of Milwaukee has seen at least nine shootings between Friday night and late Sunday afternoon, resulting in two deaths and 11 injuries.
One fatal shooting took place around 2:40 a.m. Sunday, October 25, 2020 on the 3700 block of North 41st Street. Police say their preliminary investigation found an unknown male force him way into a home and began shooting. A 61-year-old man died at the scene, while a 41-year-old man was taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries and is expected to survive. Police are still searching for a suspect.
Several hours later, police were called to another fatal shooting just after 6:30 a.m., on the 4100 block of West Fond Du Lac Avenue. A 48-year-old man from Milwaukee died from gunshot wounds. A cause for the shooting remains under investigation, and police are still searching for unknown suspects.
As for the other shootings this weekend:
- A 37-year-old Milwaukee suffered serious injuries after a shooting occurred during an argument around 9:55 p.m. Friday, October 23, 2020, on the 4800 block of North 68th Street. He was in stable condition at a hospital at last word. Police arrested a 36-year-old man, with criminal charges expected in the upcoming days.
- Two men were shot multiple times inside a vehicle around 1:45 a.m. on Saturday, October 24, 2020, on the 3600 block of West Sarnow Street. Both were taken to a hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries. Police continue to search for unknown suspects.
- A 26-year-old Milwaukee man suffered non-life threatening injuries after he was shot during a robbery around 3:45 a.m. Saturday on the 4400 block of West Wright Street. He was able to get to a hospital for treatment. Police are still searching for an unknown suspect.
- A domestic violence related shooting injured two people around 10:55 p.m. Saturday on the 600 block of East Glover Avenue. Police say a 22-year-old woman was abducted and forced into a vehicle by her 21-year-old ex-boyfriend on the 9000 block of North 85th Street. Both struggled for a gun at Glover Avenue, resulting in the man shot multiple times and the woman shot one. Both were taken to a hospital and are expected to survive. Police add the man was taken into custody and a handgun was recovered.
- A 17-year-old Milwaukee woman suffered non-life threatening injuries from a shooting on the 4200 block of West Silver Spring Drive around 1:55 a.m. Sunday. Police say the shooting happened after a group of people got into an argument and someone fired shots at the vehicle she was in leaving the scene. She was taken to a hospital for treatment. A search for unknown suspects continues.
- A 43-year-old Milwaukee man suffered non-life threatening injuries from a shooting sometime around 2:10 a.m. Sunday. Police say he made his was to a hospital for treatment. They continue to investigate where it took place and search for unknown suspects.
- Two men were injured after a shooting around 2:20 a.m. Sunday on the 6000 block of West Marion Street. A 39-year-old man is being treated for life-threatening injuries, while the second man is expected to survive after receiving non-life threatening injuries. Police continue to search for unknown suspects.
Anyone with any information with any of these shootings is asked to contact Milwaukee Police at 414-935-7360. Anonymous tips can be provided through Milwaukee Crime Stoppers at 414-224-8477 or the P3 Tips App.