If you see our WTMJ crew in the parking lot, be sure to stop by and say hi!
Brewers fans are taking it all in on Re-Opening Day at American Family Field! Smiles all around as people enjoy the warm weather. Go Brew Crew! ☀️ @620wtmj @Brewers @AmFamField pic.twitter.com/yFHGrC7n5I— Melissa Barclay (@MelissaBarclay2) June 25, 2021
The parking lot at American Family Field is rocking! Check out this gallery here:
Gallery: As the the Brewers get back to 100% capacity at American Family Field, fans are out in force showing their pride for the crew and doing what they do best… TAILGATING!https://t.co/8AXLXlIGGI— 620wtmj (@620wtmj) June 25, 2021
Not satisfied with just one! Tony found Sharon… who says she’s trying to go to both the Brewers and Bucks games today.
From American Family Field to Fiserv Forum, it’s a double-header Milwaukee sports day for some fans. pic.twitter.com/VQnJPwqXcv— 620wtmj (@620wtmj) June 25, 2021
Brewers manager Craig Counsell also joined Jeff Wagner to discuss what the full crowd means for the players. Listen below.
WTMJ’s Tony Bettack is outside AmFam Field mingling with fans and reveling in the Re-opening Day festivities
Brewers Pitchers Brandon Woodruff & Brent Suter joined Jeff Wagner. The two discussed pitching in front of full crowds again and whether or not they’d like to see the designated hitter come to the National League. You can listen to the full interviews below
Brewers broadcaster Lane Grindle joined Jeff Wagner to discuss what it will be like calling games in front of full crowds. Listen in the player below.
Brewers President of Business Operations Rick Schlesinger joined Wisconsin’s Morning News with more on what fans can expect. Listen in the player below.
It’s Brewers “Re-Opening Day” as American Family Field returns to 100% capacity!
It is #ReopeningDay for the Milwaukee @Brewers! We have live all on @tmj4 News Today. The ballpark returns to FULL CAPACITY starting today. https://t.co/IBZzOBW3ws ☕️ Join us! pic.twitter.com/Ihh2a1Xk4r— Ryan Jenkins (@RyanJenkins_TV) June 25, 2021
Ticket are still available for the 3:10 p.m. game versus the Colorado Rockies.
There are several special things taking place to honor the day:
– $1 hot dogs will be available for fans all day, courtesy of American Family Insurance.
– The first 10,000 fans at the game will receive a free 1980s-style Brewers t-shirt, sponsored by Northwestern Mutual.
– All fans in attendance will receive a special magnet schedule, courtesy of Palermo’s Pizza, reflecting the remaining 43 home and 44 road games scheduled from June 25 through the season’s end.
– The Brewers will welcome back legends Cecil Cooper and Paul Molitor for ceremonial first pitches.
– The national anthem will be performed by Cooper’s daughter, Tori Cooper.
– City of Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett has declared June 25 as “Milwaukee’s Official Re-Opening Day” through a proclamation issued by the city.
– In perhaps the biggest news of the day – with restrictions lifted, the Johnsonville Famous Racing Sausages™ will return to their normal racecourse, starting down the left field line and ending as they pass the Brewers dugout.