Four the fourth time, the Packers and Seahawks will face each other in the NFC playoffs.
Seattle earned their way through Wild Card weekend thanks to a 17 to 9 victory over the Eagles in Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
Their trip to Lambeau Field was set prior to kickoff thanks to the Vikings defeating the Saints 26 to 20 in overtime in New Orleans. The six-seed Vikings earned the right to play the one-seed 49ers in Santa Clara next weekend.
The two-seed Packers and five-seed Seahawks have faced each other three times before in the playoffs, with the home team winning each game.
- In the 2003 Wild Card round, the Packers won 33 to 27 in overtime thanks to an Al Harris interception return for a touchdown. It came after Matt Hasselbeck’s “We want the ball and we’re gonna score” comment during the overtime coin toss.
- In the 2006 Divisional round, the Packers won 42 to 20 in what became a snowy game at Lambeau Field. It would also be Brett Favre’s final win as a Packers player.
- In the 2014 NFC Championship Game, the Seahawks rallied to win 28 to 22 in overtime thanks in part to a botched onside kick recovery attempt by the Packers’ Brandon Bostick.
Kickoff for next Sunday’s game will be at 5:40 p.m.
The complete NFL Divisional Playoff round schedule is as follows:
Saturday, January 11:
- Vikings at 49ers: Kickoff at 3:35
- Titans at Ravens: Kickoff at 7:15
Sunday, January 12:
- Texans at Chiefs: Kickoff at 2:05 p.m.
- Seahawks at Packers: Kickoff at 5:40 p.m.