Valentine’s Day is coming up and it’s been pretty chilly lately. So that gives you the perfect excuse to take a secluded getaway and snuggle up with your loved one. Here are some ideal spots for you and your special someone to escape this winter.
Percheron Paradise in La Crosse was built exclusively for couples to escape from the world. It’s a romantic bungalow on 200 acres.
- To ensure guests have total privacy, each chalet is at different elevations. Every cabin features an oversized whirlpool, two-person shower and a fireplace.
- Each property is unique, so whether you’re looking to curl up next to the fireplace in your own cozy bungalow, hike picturesque hillsides or watch the sunset from a whirlpool in a hillside chalet, this resort has you covered.
- If you’re looking for a romantic dinner, take a trip into La Crosse. Try the cozy, eclectic for California-influenced Italian dishes or the upscale , a French restaurant housed in a historic downtown mansion.
is home to six luxury cabins on 15 acres of secluded countryside in Egg Harbor.
- With each featuring fireplaces and whirlpool tubs and some boasting saunas and heated floors, it’s a great destination for warming up a chilly Wisconsin winter.
- The Elise and Elena—semi-underground cottages embedded into the side of a hill overlooking a farmscape—feature floor to ceiling windows revealing breathtaking panoramas. Either provides the perfect setting for a couple’s getaway.
- Be sure to stop by before heading home. With more than 60 coffees and teas to choose from, you’ll be sure to thaw any winter chill that’s left. Craving warmth and pampering, visit in Egg Harbor for massage and body treatments or hair and nail services, offered year-round by appointment.
Madison is a great romantic winter destination. Plan a stay at the , a beautifully furnished 1857 B&B.
- Make a reservation to dine at L’Etoile, Madison’s nationally renowned restaurant. Or enjoy a locally-sourced culinary adventure at .
- Cozy up with a handcrafted beer at One Barrel Brewing—making brews, you guessed it, one barrel at a time— or drop in for a wine tasting at Square Wine.
- If it’s the arts you favor, the is your destination. Love architecture and history? Take a free tour of the building or the overlooking lovely Lake Monona.