MILWAUKEE – Milwaukee Public Schools has opted to close schools early for the first day, Tuesday September 5th, because of the high heat. MPS closes when temperatures reach over 95 degrees, the heat index is expected to be over 90 on Tuesday.
No after-school activities will be held. MPS encourages parents to look out for communication on their child’s school schedule change.
TOP HEADLINES FROM THE WTMJ NEWS TEAM:
- Student attacked near UW Madison campus as school year underway
- 20-year-old paddleboarder missing from Grant Park in South Milwaukee
- FBI releases age-progressed photo of suspect in 1970 Sterling Hall bombing
- Milwaukee gathers to honor those lost to overdoses, sharing resources & memories
- Women of Good Karma Brands help build homes during Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build