MILWAUKEE — The Cardinal Stritch property has a new owner, as of Wednesday, July 26. The Ramirez Family Foundation announced that it has acquired the Cardinal Stritch University campus in an agreement valued at $24 million.
The foundation says “specific plans for the campus will be developed over time” and “determined after careful consideration, analysis and input from educational leaders.”
“This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to acquire a unique property that will, in time, provide the Ramirez Family Foundation with a platform to make an even larger impact,” said Gus Ramirez and Becky Ramirez, co-chairs of the Ramirez Family Foundation. “When the Cardinal Stritch campus first became available, we moved quickly to reach a purchase agreement.”
Earlier this year, Cardinal Stritch announced that it was discontinuing operations and putting its campus up for sale.
TOP HEADLINES FROM THE WTMJ NEWS TEAM:
- Nine-year-old killed in Monday evening shooting on Milwaukee’s North Side
- Pewaukee-based restaurant group investigated by Dept. of Labor for tip pool, overtime violations
- NFL legend, Brookfield native Joe Thomas joins Wisconsin’s Afternoon News ahead of Hall of Fame induction
- “Never leave a solider behind:” WI Congressman analyzes U.S. options for Racine soldier detained in North Korea
- WATCH: St. John’s NW coach & NBA vet Wesley Person talks Wisconsin hoops, guarding Jordan & more over H.O.R.S.E