RACINE, Wis. (AP) — Racine police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who’s a suspect in a New Year’s shooting at a bar that left two people dead, including the owner.
Authorities said Monday that Abdullah Rashada, 24, is wanted for first-degree intentional homicide in the Jan. 1 shooting at Rerun’s Lounge. The shooting inside the bar killed its owner, Avery T. Stewart, 66, and Billy R. Petty, 56, both of Racine.
The U.S. Marshals Service said Rashada is considered armed and dangerous and has violent tendencies. He is known to go by “AJ” and has ties to Wisconsin and Illinois.
The Racine Police Department and the U.S. Marshals Service are looking for Rashada, who is described as a Black male, 5′11 and 175 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.
Authorities are asking anyone who has information about Rashada’s whereabouts to contact Racine police investigator Steve Mueller at 262-939-3071 or Officer Mike Seeger with the U.S. Marshals Taskforce at 262-939-2437.
Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
TOP HEADLINES FROM THE WTMJ NEWS STAFF:
- EXTRA POINTS: I don’t know what to do with the College Football Playoff
- Melted butter from Portage dairy plant fire seeps into sewers, water plant
- Ozaukee County school bus collides with cement truck, no injuries reported
- Whitewater’s trash & recycling plant partially collapsed from devastating fire
- After first domestic violence murder of 2023, advocates urge intervention before it turns deadly