Position: Host, Wisconsin’s Midday News
Hometown: Brookfield, Wis.
When did he join WTMJ? August 2001
Five Fun Facts About Greg Matzek:
- He was a member of the Milwaukee Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 in the Class of 2015.
- Greg was a winning cast member on ESPN’s Reality TV Show “Bed, Borrow & Deal 2.”
- In college, he was a two-time All-American track and field athlete.
- Twice, Greg suited up for the Washington Generals and played against the Harlem Globetrotters.
- He has relatives who live in Australia and Tasmania.
For more than two decades, Greg Matzek has been 620 WTMJ’s leading voice for sports news, commentary and analysis. A former collegiate Track and Field All-American, Matzek parlayed his athletic talent, charisma and understanding of mass media/communications to build outstanding relationships with players, teams and newsmakers across Wisconsin. Greg’s ability to conduct interviews in a conversational yet professional manner separates him from industry leaders.
Greg has worn many hats at WTMJ beginning as a part-time Producer before transitioning into a full-time role. He worked his way up the ranks through Sports Reporter, Anchor, Director, and most recently, Co-Host of Wisconsin’s Afternoon News.
Greg also appears regularly on various ESPN-Milwaukee programming and hosts pre and post-game shows for both 620 WTMJ’s Brewers and Bucks coverage, and ESPN-Wisconsin’s Packers coverage. You can also hear Greg as the lead creator behind Bucks in 6 Minutes — a recap released after every Bucks game featuring exclusive audio and commentary.
A Brookfield native who resides in Menomonee Falls with his wife and two daughters, Greg is passionate about representing his community and telling stories that delve beyond the surface level in news and sports alike.