Position: Host, The Jeff Wagner Show
Hometown: Born in Baltimore, Maryland; grew up in Glendale
Joined WTMJ: July 1998
I’m a graduate of Nicolet High School, the University of South Dakota and Marquette University Law School. After law school graduation, I spent about a dozen years as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin where for several years I headed the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. In 1995, I began filling in as a talk radio host and started full time with WTMJ in 1998. I was the Republican candidate for Wisconsin Attorney General in 1994. After residing in Whitefish Bay for almost 30 years, I currently live with my wife Fran and my Pomeranian pooch Sasha in a surrounding county.
Five Fun Facts:
– For six of the last seven years, and five years in a row, I been named one of the 100 Most Influential talk radio hosts in America by Talkers Magazine.
– I love to travel all over but Key West, Florida remains my “Happy Place.”
– I’m a die-hard “Parrothead” and stopped counting after I attended my 50th live Jimmy Buffett concert several years ago.
– My brother Scott was a broadcast major in college who I talked out of pursuing a career in radio and TV. He’s now an attorney in Milwaukee and I’m a recovering lawyer making a living as a radio talk show host.
– I was not at The Ice Bowl, but I was at Summerfest the night comedian George Carlin got arrested for saying “the seven words you can’t say on TV” (or in Milwaukee).