Hometown: Born in Chicago, Raised in Grafton (and Green Bay a little)
Joined WTMJ: First time with WKTI in 1998, second time 2016
My husband and I are proud Wisconsinites having both been raised here.
I started my broadcasting career in New Jersey working for Aahs World Radio, a kids’ network that no longer exists.
I then moved back to town to do traffic reports as your WKT-Eye on the road for a good 11 years.
After things changed, I went into computers for about 6 years and ended up back where everyone is a blast to work with and important information is shared and epic stories are told.
Five Fun Facts:
– I’m a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. Been studying it for about 6 years. It’s great discipline and exercise, a wonderful family atmosphere when you’re training, and good skills to have for self-defense to boot! Don’t worry, I use my powers for good and not for evil. I can break up to 2 one-inch thick wooden boards (so far) with a punch or kick, and have broken a concrete block with my foot.
– I’m an American with hispanic roots! Both of my parents were born in Cuba and immigrated to the US in the 60’s. Comfort food for me is Cuban food (which is NOT spicy, contrary to popular belief). My sister and I were first generation born in the US. Yes, I’m fluent in Spanish.
– I have a growing list of people with whom I would LOVE to sit down and share a dinner ranging from Ellen Degeneres and Anna Kendrick to Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jr. Dream “gets” would be Julie Andrews and Lynda Carter.
– My husband and I are CRAZY DISNEY FREAKS! We own property with Disney Vacation Club and we go at least once a year.
– In down-time, I love playing on my computer, watching great obscure shows on tv and listening to and recording audiobooks. I’ve also started gardening and we’re working on getting our back yard prepared for epic summer get-togethers.