Wisconsin’s Morning News Co-Anchor/WTMJ reporter
Joined WTMJ: May 2015
Jane Matenaer has been a part of Milwaukee morning radio for nearly 40 years. Jane and husband Paul love to travel and live with their rescue dog Barclay in the Wauwatosa area.
Five Fun Facts:
– Took a geology course in college because I thought field trips would include jewelry stores. (That’s a joke, although I did take geology.)
– Wrote a one woman show called “Morgue Lady” about growing up the daughter of a mortician.
– I can talk endlessly about politics, religion and money. (The three things my parents told me never to talk about.) Makes for some lively dinner conversation.
– When I was 4 years old we were at Sunday Mass. The priest was going through a special liturgy that requires the congregation to “let us kneel” “let us stand” “let us sit.” I asked my mother, loudly, “Why doesn’t he make up his mind?” The congregation burst out laughing and I became hooked on making people laugh.
– Learned to ride a motorcycle when I was 37. Never got comfortable. I was “Uneasy Rider” and sold it a few years later.